Monday, February 15, 2016

Denver Abc Supports The Move Women

Greetings to all,

When I first started writing political prisoners, I anxiously awaited everyday for responses to my letters. Debbie Africa was one of the first to comrades to write me back. I was so excited I couldn't help but announce it to everyone. I felt honored that such a committed revolutionary, whom receives  mail from all over the world, took the time to respond to meIt was epic. The inspiration accelerated me into prisoner support faster then I could have predicted.

Two years later I would find my self organizing a trip to Pennsylvania to visit the Move 9. Accompanied by Odette of South Brooklyn Anarchist Black Cross and warmly welcomed by Ramona Africa, the trip solidified quickly. Unfortunately however, we were unable to squeeze a visit with Debbie, Janet, and Janine due to the more than 300 miles that isolate them from the others. One by one the Move men encouraged us to included them on the next trip. The importance of a focus on getting the women out of prison first, was expressed enduringly.

A year later, at a hell hole known as SCI Cambridge Springs, we were greeted by the joyful energetic spirits we've been aching to see.  I melted as Debbie ran across the room and hugged me. I felt re-born after Janet's hug and 10 times stronger after Janine's. The visit was everything we expected and more. Sitting face to face with such passionate freedom fighters, listening to new ideas, new strategies, and planning our next steps for parole; an invaluable experience incomparable to the rest. I left the visit more armed to combat our enemies and their system to which we will not compromise. Sentenced 30-100 years for surviving a deadly assault from the Philadelphia Police, Janet, Janine, and Debbie still continue growing stronger. The battle continues and they will not be broken.

The Move 9 rest deep within the hearts of all at Denver ABC. Let's bring them home now. Take action and support parole for Janet Africa, Janine Africa, and Debbie Africa. Sign the petition to free the Move 9 and follow move9parole.blogspot.com for updates and action alerts.

Stop at nothing to free them all.


Love & Solidarity,

Illy Voxi
Denver ABC

This Piece was written by brother illy in solidarity with the February 12th evening of solidarity with parole for move political prisoners in NYC 

No comments: